Video Production Designer
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for electronic shooting, editing and technical direction of video and audio to create cost-effective,
efficient, and effective programs and projects for internal and external use to meet the business and communication
needs of the company. Oversees, engineers, maintains, and recommends upgrades to the company’s digital
video/audio production facilities, including a live-action studio equipped for green screen recording, an audio
recording booth, and a digital video edit bay. In collaboration with supervisor, meets with internal clients across the
enterprise to understand desired outcomes of video/audio projects and recommend strategies for achievement
within limitations of resources and triage projects to deliver highest overall value.
- Electronic shooting, editing and technical direction of video and audio project elements and programs.
- Produce engaging graphics, animation, videos, and other multimedia elements suitable for digital delivery.
- Translate internal client ideas into practical, effective, and realistic video and audio projects that meet client
objectives. Exercise solid judgment in providing client feedback to ensure productive relationships.
- Manage Studio 111 so all equipment is functioning properly and studio is ready for use within a short
turnaround period of time.
- Maintains video/audio edit systems for proper functioning at all times.
- Research, analyze and evaluate current in-house video production facilities, equipment and processes as
well as latest technologies. Designs and develops cost-effective processes to reduce costs, increase
message effectiveness and retention, and improve communications. Calculates and analyzes value-add of
new systems/processes and makes purchasing recommendations to management.
- Ensures project documentation and all deliverables are organized and stored within archive resources per
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as
assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelors or technical degree in Communication or related field, or equivalent professional experience. Minimum
five to seven years of relevant production experience and a digital portfolio required.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Uses independent judgment and experience to make decisions based on best practices in electronic video/audio
recording, editing and delivery. Solves problems using professional expertise and in consultation with supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent communication skills. Computer skills –word processing, database management, computer non-linear editing hardware, animation,graphics, and editing software.
Strong interpersonal skills – customer relations with internal customers, senior management, and outside
vendors. Expert video production skills –expert level of technical knowledge, understanding and skill with state of the
art video production and post production equipment and technologies for field and studio; staying up to date
with latest technologies, methods, applications and theory related to video/audio communication. Has ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
Technical and creative proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (e.g., Captivate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects, and Premiere) is expected.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.