VP, Legal Litigation Affairs
Position will work out of either Brookdale Corporate office in Brentwood, TN or Milwaukee, WI.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Manages, through company attorneys or outside counsel, all litigation involving the company. Develops in conjunction with internal staff and/or outside counsel, litigation strategy and/or settlements. Provides legal counsel to management regarding liability issues on current or future products and/or services.
- Stays abreast of new and pending laws and regulations that may affect the organization's activities.
- Oversees long-range studies to evaluate and investigate compliance risks; monitor areas of vulnerability.
- Reviews new product specifications and marketing, advertising, and communications materials to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Oversees employee training programs on compliance guidelines and standards; ensures that personnel are aware of and take steps to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensures that all complaints, arbitration, and litigation are appropriately investigated and resolved.
- Manages audits and investigations into compliance issues; respond to requests for information from regulatory bodies.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school and minimum of ten (10) years of litigation management experience in the healthcare industry required, including at least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed to practice law in good standing in one or more of the fifty states.
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.