VP, Regional Operations- Home Health - West Division
This Home Health Leadership position will be responsible for the following locations: WA, OR, CA, CO, AZ, NM, TX, KS, MO, OK
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
The Home Health Regional VP of Operations is responsible for oversight of assigned region as it relates to implementation and maintenance of administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company. Enhancing the profitability of assigned agencies and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
- Oversees each agency's staffing model and approves appropriate changes as needed.
- Inspires the Brookdale culture in order to attract, retain and engage top performing associates.
- Works with the Home Health Director to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory standards in assigned regions.
- Ensures adherence of Quality within all regions/areas on an on-going basis.
- Ensures profitability and drives revenue while maintaining appropriate levels of patient care through the coordination of financial, clinical, operational, legal and business development services for assigned regions/areas.
- Conducts weekly conference calls with Home Health Director's. Reviews overall operations, clinical processes, business development opportunities, performance management concerns and possible adverse trends/concerns with Home Heath Director's.
- Reports to the Division Vice President on operational, clinical and business developmental concerns for locations as needed.
- Communicates to the Division Vice President all risk management, patient care, corporate compliance, and regulatory issues affecting the assigned regions.
- Reviews weekly metrics reports and productivity. Follows up on negative trends and actions as needed.
- Reviews the monthly operational review with the Division Vice President and Senior Management at the home office or via conference call.
- Manages Area Vice President/Regional Director of Operations and Sales Vice President with accountability.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy/Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program, or similar healthcare related degree. Minimum of five years of clinical management experience as a therapist or nurse and/or five years of healthcare related management experience. Proven clinical proficiency and knowledge of training and education principles.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current state licensure and / or minimum qualifications required for a therapist/nursing position. Excellent communication and teaching skills required. Word processing and related computer skills required. Extensive travel required.
Uses independent judgment to establish procedures and overall strategic direction that may affect a community, multiple communities, industry sectors and/or functional disciplines. Solves the most complex problems that require understanding and evaluation of impacts on the organization.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a professional discipline and maintains extensive theoretical business and industry knowledge. Provides overall leadership and direction to the business at the regional or divisional level. Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech/Language Therapy and related improvement processes. Demonstrated ability to manage defined systems and process within BHS and successfully convey knowledge and learning to direct reports. Ability to effectively train therapy staff and coach them to improvement. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to speak and write English fluently in order converse with residents as needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.