Weekend Home Health RN PRN
Immediately hiring nationwide
Weekend PRN RN territory Ft Myers
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve. We enrich lives every day.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides coordinated skilled nursing care to patients of all age groups, on an intermittent basis in the home. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to establish and achieve patient goals and maintain high quality patient care. Performs in accordance with physician’s orders and under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Services.
- Assesses home health patients identifying physical, psychosocial and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical records, case conferences, team reports, call-in logs and on-site evaluations.
- Completes OASIS, assessment and visit paperwork according to agency policy. Assures clinical notes accurately indicate continuing communication and coordination of services with the physician, other interdisciplinary team members and patient/family/caregiver.
- Communicates significant findings, problems and changes to Director, Clinical Services and physician, and documents all findings, communications, and appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in identifying, reporting and documenting problems, adverse reactions or possible complications related to patient care. Recognizes and reports life threatening situations and responds appropriately. Recommends and incorporates other disciplines in the care of the patient, as needed, and under the direction of the referring physician.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care (POC) to ensure quality and continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning. Establishes Plan of Care in coordination with the physician, patient, family and interdisciplinary team members. Incorporates long and short term goals established in the Plan of Care into nursing care, as evidenced by documentation in visit notes.
- Supervises and provides clinical direction to home health aides and LPNs/LVNs to ensure quality and continuity of services provided.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences and Agency Performance Improvement processes.
- Receives referrals from physicians, hospitals, clinics, patients, families and other agencies when needed and notifies agency personnel on a timely basis.
- Assures the continuity of patient care and coordination of services through delivery of quality patient care. Performs in a manner that is consistent with current standards of practice and with the Agency’s policies and procedures. Follows all infection control and universal precautions guidelines/standards per agency policy.
- Responsible for participating in on-call rotation and emergency call according to agency policy.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency. Strives to continually improve nursing knowledge base through individual research, reading, attendance at workshops/professional conferences and professional organizations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current license as a Registered Nurse in good standing for the state. BSN preferred. One year experience as a registered nurse in a clinical setting required. Acute care and home care experience are preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Maintains Continuing Education Units for licensure renewal, as applicable to state regulations. Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance. Must have valid driver’s license. Current BCLS Certification prior to providing patient care.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality with regard to patient, staff and agency information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior population. Ability to establish an effective working relationship with all departments and the community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.