Worker's Compensation Specialist - Local Remote
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Administers the company’s workers compensation program. Works in a team environment, interacting with associates, adjusters, providers, community management, regional HR representatives and brokers, as necessary. Documents, audits, and investigates claims. Provides guidance to the organization to ensure compliance with national, state, and local regulations.
- Administers workers compensation programs and assists in developing and implementing new policies and programs.
- Reviews all reported claims via on-line system provided by third party administrator and/or carrier on a daily basis.
- Works directly with associates and communities to review facts, and identify red flags and issues of concern.
- Tracks employee information related to workers compensation claims in the HRIS system.
- Assists community management with accident investigation and claim reporting.
- Alerts management team to existence of claim, per guidelines.
- Identifies potential high value or fraud claims and suspends for follow-up and future strategy development.
- Provides direction and training to community management on claims management issues.
- Meets with manager to review new and problematic claims, as needed or scheduled.
- Follows up with adjuster, and assists community management in following up to ensure claims are aggressively managed by third party administrator.
- Performs wage verification calculations.
- Performs file audits and periodic individual reviews of high value claims to ensure claim handling guidelines and best practices are adhered to.
- Works with manager on cross functional level regarding workload allocation based on claim case load and complexity.
- May develop safety awareness and accident prevention training programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college preferred; and minimum of two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Excellent knowledge of HR practices and principles and workers compensation laws/regulations. Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.