Associate Compassion Fund
Sometimes our fellow team members fall on hard times and need help getting back on their feet. That's why we created the Associate Compassion Fund, which provides financial assistance to Brookdale associates dealing with a catastrophe or personal crisis outside of their control.
Hear From Our Team
The Associate Compassion Fund
associates received aid
*Since 2012 as of January 2022
Any Brookdale associate employed for at least six months, full-time or part-time, who works at least 15 hours weekly. You can reapply if you haven’t received fund assistance within the last 12 months.
- A natural disaster, such as a fire or flood
- Extended/acute illness or care for immediate family member, resulting in two weeks of missed work
- Transitional housing or relocation for abuse victims
- Relocation of children due to death of associate or immediate family member
- Emergency travel for funeral or final visit to an ill immediate family member or to escort an immediate family member to a remote medical facility or hospice
- Funeral expenses for a spouse or child, or to help with an associate’s funeral expenses
We try to respond to requests as promptly as possible. We know that when you’re dealing with a personal hardship, it’s difficult to wait for help. Once we receive your request and required documentation, it’s evaluated by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee meets once a month to evaluate applications. If your request for assistance is approved, we’ll let you know promptly, and also let you know when to expect a check. If you’re experiencing an extreme emergency, let us know, and we’ll expedite the delivery of the check to you.
Yes. Outside of the Fund, associates can also donate unused PTO hours to a co-worker who’s exhausted their PTO bank. PTO donation is handled separately from the Fund, as it’s a taxable donation (while the Fund operates as a non-profit entity, and all monetary donations are non-taxable).
Need More Information?
See your Executive Director or Human Resources Director for forms or more information.