Be Your Authentic Self
Brookdale strives for a culture where associates feel they can be their real selves at work. We are committed to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
Brookdale is committed to diversity and inclusion. While we may come from different backgrounds, we have a shared commitment to Brookdale’s cornerstones and mission to enrich lives with compassion, respect, excellence and integrity.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and diverse environment is a journey. Our ongoing commitment to inclusion and diversity is grounded in these guiding principles:
- Mission-Driven: We believe that diverse teams help us achieve our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve — together.
- Respecting and Valuing Differences: We are committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
- Service: An inclusive and diverse culture results in providing greater service to our associates and residents because we acknowledge that different people may require different services and levels of support.
- Learning-Centered: Education and communication about inclusion and diversity are essential in creating a supportive environment for associates and residents. We are committed to creating and maintaining a learning-centered environment to better understand and respond to the changing needs of our people.
- Conscious Inclusion: We are committed to creating a culture where associates challenge themselves and others to see and respect differences while working to be consciously inclusive of all.
of leadership roles are held by women
of our associates are people of color
*As of December 31, 2021
Our culture of compassionate caring extends to everyone: our associates, our residents and their families. Our cornerstones of passion, courage, partnership and trust drive everything we do and come to life every day in our communities.
Helping Our Associates and Community
We don’t just talk about making a difference. We act on it.